Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Bank, Cheer practice, Zumba, Cheesecake, and Dog Walks

Hello everyone,
     Today was another busy day. Work was ok, just work. After work, my husband and I had an appointment with the bank to go over our info for our loan. I then had to run home to change for cheer gymnastics practice. I brought Phoebe because I didn't want her home by herself, but she had to hang in the car. After practice, I went to pick up Smelly Jr and we went to the store to get ingredients for a raspberry cheesecake...Don't worry, I didn't eat it. The cheerleaders are working for tips at the Elks Lodge burger night and I was put in charge of dessert. When we had the ingredients, we went up to my work's exercise room and zumba'd for an hour. It was a blast, but a total work out. My Aunt joined us and I think she may be hooked. After Zumba, Smelly Jr came over to hang out and bake cheesecake. Whilst the cheesecake baked, we took Phoebe for a walk. We talked about expectations and how they can sometimes be unfair. Everybody has something they are expected to achieve, but fall short of. Whether it is obtainable or not, it doesn't make you feel less shameful about it. And the funny thing about shame, is it makes you feel sorry for yourself. Ex: I can't believe I gained so much weight. I wish I had a fast metabolism or lived in an area of Africa where my weight would be valued....just an example. It can make you feel like doo-doo. But what Smelly Jr and I talked about was how we had to come to an acceptance of our expectations. We had to realize that the expectations aren't likely to change, but we can find a way to live with it and set our own (at times more reasonable, at times not so much) expectations. Also, we need to appreciate our accomplishments and appreciate other people's because it's easy to overlook them. Ex: my cheerleader's are at different levels; which happens on every team and should be embraced. However, it can happen that you overlook somebody finally getting a handstand because someone else just did a backhand spring or flip-flop. Everyone does it, but we talked about how it is important to make an effort to acknowledge their hard work.

Anywho, I have burned 3332 calories by 11pm; 392 of which were from an hour of Zumba. I haven't calculated my calories yet, but I have had a sugar free soy vanilla chai (SF soy vanill chai)  2 cups of honey nut cheerios with fat free milk, a drumstick ice cream cone (from a well-intentioned co-worker), a yogurt & banana, and a spoonful of cheesecake batter. so, I am hoping I have hit a decent deficit.

No comments:

Post a Comment