Thursday, February 9, 2012

Why competition is a tough concept to rookie teams.

Hello readers,
   I am going through a rough patch. Working my regular job from 8-3:30 and then going to cheerleading from 3:30-7 (7:30ish) makes for a long day. I have been getting migraine headaches; which the doc says just happens sometimes in pregnancy and there's not a whole lot that can be done.  I'm exhausted by the end of the day. However, most of the time I feel accomplished and like we are moving forward.

Lately the cheerleaders have been stuck in a rut. They are struggling with motivation and energy. That's the hard part about a rebuilding year. None of my girls have ever even seen a cheerleading competition...so they are having a hard time understanding why I am kicking their butts every day. They've come a long way, but it's a bummer when they don't understand the importance of keeping a positive attitude. That has always been their strong point; attitude. We are deciding today if we move forward for the next 3 weeks or if we don't want to compete this year and use it as a learning experience. Either way I feel like I'm fighting a battle. I'm not one to beg my girls to work hard. They either want it or they don't. On the other hand, I've never backed down from competition....although, it would be nice to be home in time for dinner...it's a tough choice either way. I'm so very proud of how far the girls have come. Either way, we've achieved what some have thought impossible. Keep us in your prayers. :)

1 comment:

  1. oh geez such a hard decision...i dont know how you deal with that. So much on your plate. MAKE THEM GO...hahah jk

    ReplyDelete