Monday, January 23, 2012

Cheerleading

Hello everyone,
     As I've mentioned in the past I coach cheerleading. I cheered all through middle school, high school, and 3/4 years of college. This is my 2nd year of coaching, so I have been involved in cheerleading for near 12 years. I am addicted.  For September-March I wake up, go to work, go to cheer practice, eat, and go to bed. It's a glamorous life...

My methods of coaching are simple:
You either want to work hard or you don't want to cheer.
If you whine about something, I make you do it more often.
If you look like an idiot, I'll let you know.
If you get hurt because you weren't doing what you're told, I won't pity you.
If you're not broken or bleeding, suck it up!(unless it's a kick to the face, then you get a drink of water)
When you do something right, I will congratulate you...and tell you 2 things to make better next time.


Why would a girl want to cheer for me? Honestly, sometimes I don't know...but then I look back at what my girls have accomplished over the season, and I'm proud...so proud that sometimes I want to pregnant cry for a few minutes.

How has pregnancy effected my coaching?
I find that I'm a lot quicker to get on my girls' cases for making rookie mistakes.
I have low tolerance for chatter.
If I get mad, they run until I'm no longer mad...and it takes longer.
I get hungry mid-practice...more often.
I can be super proud of them for hitting a new stunt and then super ticked off when they take too long to get a drink...in a matter of seconds.
But the one thing that hasn't changed is that I love each of those girls and ask myself to go as far as they would go for me. They're my kids, and they're awesome.....ok, pregnancy may have made me more sappy...but shut the heck up, it's my team, I'll get mushy when I want!

The one thing my doctor warned me about what spotting my girls stunts. If they are doing a new stunt, I am normally standing right up in their business in case a fall occurs. However, the doctor would prefer me to stand far enough away that I don't get kicked or elbowed in the stomach.This would be easy to some, but I have been involved in cheerleading for 12 years. I am conditioned be there just in case. My girls normally don't need me there, they catch well....I just feel like I need me there. As my pregnancy has been progressing, it has been easier for me to step back. It's mostly because the girls experience less scary falls and more controlled ones. But I am realizing that I want to take a step back to protect my little break dancer (baby). It's a weird feeling to be out of the danger zone, but it's what the doc wants for my baby, so it's gotta be right.


Any who, I have a prenatal appointment tomorrow, so hopefully I will have some cool stuff to share then. But right now, I will leave you with some jokes:

Questions to ask your health care provider- (I put my favs in bold)

My husband and I are very attractive. I’m sure our baby will be beautiful enough for commercials. Whom should I contact about this?
Your therapist

How will I know if my vomiting is morning sickness or the flu?
If it’s the flu, you’ll get better. 


The more pregnant I get, the more often strangers smile at me. Why?
‘Cause you’re fatter than they are. 


What’s the difference between a nine-month pregnant woman and a model?
Nothing, if the pregnant woman’s husband knows what’s good for him.  


What does it mean when the baby’s head is crowning?
It means you feel as though not only a crown but the entire throne is trying to make its way out of you.


Does labor cause hemorrhoids?
Labor causes anything you want to blame it for.


And your awkward pregnancy photos titled "Staying Active?":




Don't forget to click Follow Me! See ya next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment