Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tuesday 4/18/11

hello,
    Today is Tuesday...which means Biggest Loser will be on, as well as a new Deadliest Catch. :D  My day wasn't so bad. Work was super busy again because we are cutting checks tomorrow and I had to get all the payables ready and double check that they were correct. However, it did make the day go by fast. Now, I am making spaghetti with sugar-free spaghetti sauce. The sugar-free spaghetti sauce isn't that bad...really, not in a I haven't had a regular pepsi in years, so diet pepsi tastes terrific sort of way. After dinner, my cuhshin (cousin) Mel and I are going to walk from my house to scow bay...probably a four mile walk...idk... and then we are going to watch Smoke Signals! which is one of my all time fav movies. It's about indians on the res and specifically follows a young man and his friend as they travel cross-country to pick up his father's (who left when he was young) ashes. It is really funny...especially if you can relate to it. I am really excited to watch it, I haven't seen it in about a year, maybe longer. One of my favorite dialogs is:
Victor Joseph: You gotta look mean or people won't respect you. White people will run all over you if you don't look mean. You gotta look like a warrior! You gotta look like you just came back from killing a buffalo!
Thomas Builds-the-Fire: But our tribe never hunted buffalo - we were fishermen.
Victor Joseph: What?! You want to look like you just came back from catching a fish? This ain't "Dances With Salmon" you know!
.
and favorite quote: "it's a great day to be indigenous."

Anywho, my Zumba DVDs have yet to come in...hopefully tomorrow. I am off to whip up some chow and then take my obese dog for a walk.

2 comments: