Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day Four-What the heck?!

Hello all,
    So today...aweful. I had to go the ER last night because of a pain in my lower abdominal area. I called the nurse's station to see if I should even go in, because my insurance doesn't like to cover ER visits, and she said I should. I start to panic, because honestly I thought she would say to just come in the next morning. The nurse expressed concern that I might be having a miscarriage or my IUD (mirena) could be pushing through my uterus....fabulous, right? I called my aunt to have her come with me; because I didn't want my husband going. Not because he isn't a great supporter; I was just sure it was nothing. He did not think that was ok, so he came along to. So, I walk into the ER with my entourage and get into the ever-so-fashionable little outfits they have for when you get a pelvic exam and wait for the doctor. The whole time all I could think was "great, I'm pregnant. Well, at least people will be accurate in assuming so."

The doctor showed up and did a regular check of my lungs, stomach, etc. Nothing seemed out the norm; other than the pain. By this time the it was pretty bad and I was not looking forward to the vajay exam....(especially since I desperately needed to pee). The speculum as particularly unfriendly this visit and was not wanting to co-operate with the doctor. Btw, find the cervix is the worst game of hide and seek ever! Luckily, the doctor didn't find anything abnormal during that exam. It was decided that I needed to get blood drawn to check my kidney function and white blood cell levels...also, I got to pee in a cup (thank God cause I could've filled about 10 specimen cups). Yes, I did take a pregnancy test and yes, I will still want to kill myself if someone asks me if I'm pregnant. The third pregnancy test I have taken this month was negative. (I have been having stomach issues and I was very tired for a while, hence the two other pregnancy tests).

After all the tests and exams (which lead the doctor to believe I have a cyst or ruptured follicle), the doctor offered to give me a shot for the pain. I was in a good amount of pain, otherwise I would have never let anyone come near me with a needle...but I decided it may help me sleep.  The nurse came in to administer the shot; which went in my leg. I braced myself for her arrival. As she is preparing the shot, she tells me "please don't stand up after the shot, many people faint. Yep, they just drop to the floor like a bag of potatoes." (I grip my husband's hand a bit tighter). She rubs alcohol over the targeted area; "ok, now get ready. This shot hurts; like a lot. Probably worse than your abdominal pain. Just joking, but really, it does hurt". (My husband's hand is now in a vice grip from my terror). She stuck me with the needle and she was right....it hurt...bad...like a charlie horse but with fire. Afterwards, she gave my leg a massage; which sounds nice, but it basically spread the flame. So as I limped to the car, I laughed at myself for thinking the shot would help me sleep. I woke up every hour or so because of the pain in my abdomen...and because the shot had made it uncomfortable for me to lay on my favorite side.

Today, I work up at 7:40am. I begin work at 8am. My day was spectacular. I got to crumple into the position you take when your cramps get so bad you want to die....and I sat like that, at my desk, for the whole day. When I had to walk short distances, the pain increased. So I became a prisoner to my cave-like office. (I keep the lights off in my office as often as possible because it kind of works as a bouncer. Telling all the strangers to "eff off and stay out of my office" in a subtle sort of way).

 Needless to say, I will not be walking Phoebe today and I will be confided to my couch to watch Grey's Anatomy and multiple DVR recordings ;) ...I guess there are plus sides to feeling like someone sucker punched you in the uterus.

Day 4- Not an epic fail, but score one for the bad guys.

3 comments:

  1. Girl, I had Mirena in for 2 years and it sucked. I had it pulled in January and have felt fantastic. I used to get cramps like that too. I know what contractions feel like and the cramps were way worse, to the point where I was screaming in my bedroom and the girls were calling Brent telling him I hurt really bad. How long have you had it? Do you have any other problems with it? And don't worry about getting preggers, it is a very rare chance, like 1 in 5000 or something. Let me know if you need support on that, cause I was there for 2 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. I LOVE YOU SIS! I cant believe that happened i love you and im praying for you. Glad alex went, and auntie did! Wow girl, im sure you will be fine hope the pain is gone today! kiss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cassie, thank God it was in the right place. Thanks for the prayers Lou, I heart you!

    ReplyDelete